Sunday, May 4, 2014

Grateful is Great

Ashby really surprised me yesterday.

It was his birthday and we had a lot of fun doing family activities. One thing we did was go to Trafalga and have pizza for lunch. Pizza was Ashby's birthday request, so it worked out well. At dinner time I asked Ashby what he wanted for his birthday dinner.
He said, "I already told you, I want pizza."
"But we had pizza for lunch."
"Well, I don't want anything but pizza."
"But I really don't want to make pizza.
"I just want pizza."
"You want pizza even if you know it will make me cry?"
"Yes."
He left and I got out the pizza crust recipe. Then I put my head on the counter and cried. I only cried for a minute until I realized nobody really cares how I feel and I might as well just suck it up and help my son have a nice birthday.

Then...
as I was making the pizza, Ashby came in to the kitchen with a huge smile on his face and said, "Thank you so much for making pizza! Actually....beyond thank you because I know you really didn't want to make it!"
I smiled and told him how much that meant to me.
So, we had homemade pizza and it was very good.
Later that night as we ended his birthday day, Ashby said, "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you....[etc.] for such a great birthday!!"

And I was happy. :)

1 comment:

Tina said...

That makes it all worth it!!!!! So, so cute Tara! What a sweet boy!