Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The rumor is that I've been working out hard


True. Every Mon, Wed, and Fri at my stake center we have aerobics. It is from 9-11am. A good two hour workout. Lately I have been helping to lead the workouts. I've found I sweat a lot more in front of everyone than just following - its a little scary too, to have everyone looking at me. I hope they get a good workout. We start with stretching and do about a half hour or so of toning and hand weights. Then we move on to other things like pilates, abs, lunges, and aerobic routines. I'm not very good at the dances, but I love the kickboxing. The last part of the workout is Yoga. I can't really get into Yoga much. I know some people love it, but it seems like a waste of time to me. I'd rather be lifting weights. I am so grateful for this stake aerobics program. I feel so strong. I have been going for about 2 1/2 years now. It has been perfect for me, because its close enough to walk when I don't have a car, its like a big play-date for all the kids, its free, and its really an amazing workout. It will be fun to continue to learn new things and help lead the class. I would also love to take some instructor classes at UVU next semester. We'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you did an awesome job today! I was sweating like crazy!!! I look forward to the next time you teach.

Emily said...

Well I've seen you in person and I'd say the rumors are true! You look amazing. Did you ever know that you're my hero? (and everything I would like to be?)

I went on a walk tonight in your honor. I wish I lived close enough to be in your aerobics class. I need to whip this tushie into shape.

Tasha said...

That is so awesome Tar. It makes me so jealous that your stake offers that! And I'm sure you would definitely beat me in an arm-wrestling contest now. That would be a first! (because we used to always tie).