Thursday, January 27, 2011

Laurel High Adventure


On Jan 8th I was in charge of taking the laurels in the stake on a high adventure. We went cross country skiing and snowshoeing. I wanted to give them the option of activities in case they were scared to try something new. We had about 30 people at the activity (not everyone is pictured). It was pretty difficult to work out all the logistics of it, and I got pretty stressed out a few days before. I was secretly hoping it would just blizzard and we could cancel the whole thing. But...I couldn't be more pleased with how it all turned out! It was really such a great activity. The girls were so happy and willing to try new things, and not whiny at all. We went up to Big Springs Park in Provo Canyon and made our own little xc skiing track around the park to practice for a little while. Then we ventured up the mountain and made it to the meadow. It was a worthwhile challenge and I am just so happy with the results. It was my first time xc skiing too. So I was nervous about helping others learn, but luckily there were some other experienced leaders and everyone had a great time. I'm looking forward to going xc skiing again!

4 comments:

Devan said...

Awesome Tara. Sounds like something we should do as a family sometime!

Tara said...

For sure! The kids would love it too!

Brian Blumer said...

Especially if we had this to pull them in:
http://www.chariotcarriers.com/english/html/magic_of_cts.php?conID=6

Susie Faye said...

tar! we might be going xc skiing next week! is there a trail up there or did you just make one up? did you rent from outdoors unlimited? maybe you could email me your response?