Monday, January 10, 2011

Missing



I think about my mom every day.
I miss my mom every day.

There are so many questions I have that I wish I could ask her. Especially questions about how to take care of little kids. I also wish I could ask her questions to know more about her. I really don't know anything about my mom, and that makes me sad.

Yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of her death and I missed it. Somehow, I never looked at the date yesterday and I didn't even realize it until about 11pm last night when I read an email from my dad. Maybe its better that I didn't remember, because the last hour of the day was hard enough.

I hate crying. Crying gives me the most horrendous headache. So I try to hold it in, but that gives me an even worse headache.

I still remember the best cry I ever had. It was in the shower the day after Mom died. That was a good, loud, uncontrollable, fall to my knees, sobbing cry. I should probably let myself cry like that again, then maybe my head wouldn't hurt so much.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

That was a very nice post. Thank you Tara for something a little more uplifting. Good cries are definitely worth it. Mine just come in little spurts. That is not nearly as effective. I love that picture of you and Mom. I'm so glad you have that. You are so beautiful. I love you!