Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Now accepting congratulations and sympathy

Yesterday we found out that we are having another bouncing baby boy.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I kept imagining our 3 boys ganging up on me, wrestling each other, and wrecking the house.

I'm afraid Paige is going to have a hard time when she's finally old enough to babysit for us - and believe me, I'm really looking forward to the time she can babysit.

I think about having to squirt more vaseline in his sore newborn diaper region. I think about boy scout requirements and preparing for missions.

Personally, whenever I hear about, or talk to moms with a lot of boys, my eyebrows furrow into a look of sympathy (and a little admiration). I think it takes a lot of work, and a lot of energy to raise boys.

I guess there are always goods and bads about boys and girls. I will do my best, but I just hope I have enough strength to do it right.

My Grandma said it best when I told her I was having another boy (she too had a girl and then 3 boys). She said, "I'm sorry...But, you will love him."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Having 3 daughters our usual response is "Well, somebody's got to raise boy's right!". I want our girls to know what a nice boy *is* when they're old enough to start thinking about that sort of thing >>shudder<<. So friends and relations with nice boys are always a welcome addition :)
Good luck! You may have it noisy now, but you'll be the one giggling when we've got hormone and drama galore in another handful of years!

Jenni said...

Woot woot! You will have your hands full but my sister's girl is the oldest followed by four boys. They are dang cute.

Tina said...

I told Cloey that she'd better be grateful for her sister because Paige doesn't have one... yet... this was after she was complaining about "all" her brothers. That made her quite right down and she nodded... :)

Boys are so snuggly and oh so cute! I've heard about a ton of boys being born and expecting soon so I guess Heavenly Father has lots in store for our missionary boys. How exciting to think we will send so many into the mission field. You will do great!!! Can't wait to hear more!!

Susie Faye said...

sweet! congrats tar! I guess you can always think of how much less emotional boys are and less high maintenance when they are teens??? That's what I hear anyway...not like I'd really know...