Monday, April 25, 2011

[*sigh*]

Apparently I sigh a lot. I don't notice it, but my very compassionate and concerned husband does.
"What's the matter?" he'll say whenever he hears my sigh.
"Hm? Oh, I don't know."

And so I try to think of why I sigh.
Maybe I sigh sometimes because:
  • I'm tired
  • I need to clean the house, but I don't want to
  • I'm going to have baby #4
  • I miss my mom
  • My hair is long, and I want it to be short
  • I need to exercise
  • The kids are driving me crazy
  • I want to eat something I know I probably shouldn't
  • I'm tired
  • I forgot
  • The laundry is piling up
  • The to-do list is getting longer
  • I feel unattractive
  • I don't want to make dinner
  • I'm tired
  • Something's missing
  • I have to do it all over again
  • I have to discipline the kids
  • I'm overwhelmed
  • I don't want to
  • Somebody is crying
  • I'm tired

There are a million good reasons to sigh. Why do you sigh?

4 comments:

Emily said...

I do the same thing! I don't know why either. Usually because I'm disappointed.

Tara said...

Ah, yes! Disappointed is definitely a good one.

Tasha said...

All of the above. You nailed the sighs.

Darla said...

I noticed you sigh a lot when your tired