Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rumor is I haven't been to the dentist for a long time

Six years. I haven't been to the dentist since Paige was born. Seriously, who has time to go to the dentist after having kids anyway? Well, we've decided to be better about it. So Paige and I went on a Mommy-Daughter date to the dentist today (fun date, right?).

This was Paige's first time to the dentist. We checked out some books at the library for Paige to read and prepare.

I went first so Paige could see how it was done. I was hoping that after six years the dental community would have come up with a new way to clean teeth. I hate that little pick tool. My gums are still hurting. But I put a brave face on and was glad Paige couldn't see me wincing under the sunglasses the technician gave me to wear (that was new and weird - I guess it was so the light wouldn't shine in my eyes so much). I was pretty worried about Paige having to sit in that chair for her turn.

I've never seen Paige sit so still and be silent for so long. She did such a fabulous job. I was totally amazed. They cleaned her teeth and filled her back molars with sealant. Luckily they were much more careful with the little pick tool. No cavities for Paige! And she was thrilled with the new toothbrush and toys she was given.

Paige said she wanted to go get some ice cream after the dentist appointment for doing such a great job. Then she stopped and decided that the dentist probably wouldn't want her eating ice cream. Pretty smart little girl.

My dentist visit didn't end up as great. I guess after 6 years, I couldn't expect any different. I have a couple of small cavities to be filled and I need a root canal and crown. :( I'm actually looking forward to the root canal, because hopefully it will get rid of the pain on the right side of my mouth. But with the pending $800 bill coming my way, don't blame me if I don't go to the dentist for another 6 years.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Ha, ha, ha!! And here I thought I was bad. I haven't gone since Jacob was a baby!! I'm getting pretty nervous myself but I don't have any pain which is hopefully a good thing...
Way to go Paige for being so brave!!