Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Note to Self

Dear Tara
Next time you have a baby, please remember how great you felt two weeks after giving birth when you weighed yourself and found that you had lost enough weight to fit in your [skinny-for-you] jeans. Please let that be a jump start for your weight loss goals and don't use "I just had a baby" or "I'm nursing" as your excuse to eat anything and everything you can get your hands on - thus gaining all that weight back and making you start over the hard way. Please remember.

3 comments:

Emily said...

AMEN. I have always heard that with every pregnancy, you pack five pounds on that you can never lose. I don't believe it anymore. Yesterday I made it back to the weight I was as a newlywed. Too bad it's all a little... stretched out.

Tara said...

Yah Em! You looked amazing in your family pics I saw on Facebook. Now I know it wasn't just a good camera angle. Way to go. Maybe I'll get there someday.

Emily said...

You can do it! It's fun! You can't possibly have that much left to lose... you look awesome!

I am wondering how it will work if/when I get pregnant again. Did you notice a change compared to your other pregnancies? I've always been the type to eat whatever I want when I'm pregnant, but next time I want to not.