Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My toe is sick

Whenever I look at my big toe I think of my older sister on her mission. She served in Japan and struggled with the language for a while, but she needed to go to the doctor because something was wrong with her toe. She didn't know how to describe it, so she told the doctor, "My toe is sick."


My toenail has had a lot of trouble lately. It had a swollen, pussy infection this summer and it hasn't grown out at all for almost a year. Now the base of the nail has completely separated itself from the cuticle and its so yellow and brown and gross looking. [sorry]  Its getting more and more sensitive too. I'm really nervous about my losing my toe nail. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to help my "sick" toe.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would almost guarantee it's a fungal infection. The doc should be able to prescribe an antifungal cream that should clean it up pretty quickly. I got an infection that looked a lot like this when I was young (and dancing on pointe in ballet for hours every week). The nails on both of my big toes flaked off until I had hardly any nail at all. Thankfully, after treating the fungal stuff, the nails finally grew back normally. It can take a while to recover nails simply because they grow slowly, but in time it should be happy again and not sick at all. :)

Olivia Justine said...

GO TO THE DOCTOR SILLY GIRL!!! :)and then look it up on pinterest b/c i swear i just ran across some home remedy (i think it was soaking your toe in listerine actually).

Tanya Leigh said...

Yeah. Gotta be a fungus. It'll be better fast, and you'll be tap-dancing soon, don't worry. :)

Shayla said...

So funny that you remember this story. Actually, your toe looks quite a bit like Spencer's toe right now. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get it taken care of for him too! Good luck. I don't have any advice. If I did, Spencer's toe probably wouldn't still look like that. I like Olivia's idea. Darla