Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Window Painting

I decided to try something new this year...

We don't have a lot of decorations for most holidays, but I do want to feel festive. So I started painting our front window to contribute to the neighborhood decorations.

I'm in no way a professional, and I don't even know the best the kind of paint to use, but I've been happy with the results regardless. Even if its not perfect.

I've had the kids pick out some clip art online and then I free-hand it on the window with a dry erase marker and paint it. 

Nothing fancy, but I love what it brings to the outside decor.


Happy Halloween
This one I used Crayola washable kid paints.


Happy Thanksgiving
I used acrylic paint on this one. The leaves in the window are things we are thankful for. :)

I'm looking forward to the mural for Christmas. I wonder what it will be....


__

4 comments:

Emily said...

So CUTE! I love the anticipation of wondering what next month will bring....

Tina said...

You did a fantastic job on these!!! Adorable!!!!

Tanya Leigh said...

No way! Those are FANTASTIC!! I am thoroughly impressed. Can't wait to see Christmas!

Olivia Justine said...

whaaaat? did you know you could paint/draw? i swear you porter's are crazy talented.