Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day


Some highlights from our Valentine's Day Week...


Preschool was at our house for the letter V and a Valentine's Party.
We made cool swirly hearts using shaving cream and food coloring.
I really loved how this project turned out...

And I think the kids did too. 
 
Stamping heart-shaped toilet paper rolls was a big hit too.

Everyone went home with a valentine for their special someone.


I was trying to not spend money on school valentines this year.
We had some left over candy buttons from Paige's birthday party and so I saw this clever idea online.

The thing about making homemade valentine cards is that it sure takes a long time - especially making 60 of them! We all celebrated when it was over.
 
 I think Valentine's Day was the only day that week that I didn't have to fight Ashby to go to school. 
He had a great time showing off his monster box and delivering valentines. Of course he and Paige came home with quite the loot as well.


Our Valentine's date was spent at the stake center playing basketball with over 20 cute young women. I reffed and Brian kept score and wrangled the kids. I was just impressed that enough girls came to play. I asked them if we should cancel, and they were adamant that we should not. So, I gave up my valentine's night to be with them. (but we all had a really fun time together).

The day was filled with lots of goodies. I made homemade heart-shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and heart-shaped pizza for dinner. I also made Valentine cookie bars to hand out at the YW activity and then Brian and I enjoyed some mushroom crepes and bananas foster crepes. Yum!


No comments: