Thursday, February 7, 2013

Silhouettes

One thing I've been trying to do to help with my weight loss is to simply find some things to keep my hands busy. I've been working on some projects to decorate around the house. I have it all visualized, but putting it together takes more work.

I decided to try my hand at family silhouettes. I've loved seeing them in other homes so, at the risk of following a fad, I figured out how to make them. I'm still figuring out the best place and way to use them in my home, but it was fun to make...and easier than I expected.

The silhouettes always remind me of Disneyland and my mom. All of the kids had their silhouettes cut out at Disneyland at one time or another. But I remember when Tasha and I got ours. We were headed to Disneyland with the school choir and my mom gave us some money with specific instructions to find the silhouette shop and get ours done together.We had a mission and we could not disappoint. Soon our silhouettes were sitting on the shelf next to our brother and sisters.

Oh, speaking of me and Tasha. I had her send me a profile pic so I could compare the two of us. Its so interesting how different identical twins can end up.

Somehow I felt that these Disneyland silhouettes must be very important. So, when Brian and I first made it to Disneyland together I made it a priority. Unfortunately it did not go very well because Brian ended up with, what he called, a melon head. They just forget to ever curve his head down before they placed my cutout next to his. It was disappointing and it never did get displayed.

But now we have new silhouettes with a whole bunch of little ones following behind. Should be fun to work with.

So, if any of you readers want some free silhouettes of your family done, just let me know. It will be good to keep my hands busy.




2 comments:

Tina said...

ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!!! It's very ironic because I told my sister over a year ago that I wanted these done for my family to decorate with but I wanted to wait until the twins were a little older. I love this last image you have with all of you stacked on top of each other. Super, super cute. How do you do it?

aubrie said...

These really are so awesome, Tara! You've inspired me to learn to use photoshop better (Corey gets it free because of his work, but I don't know how to do much with it yet).