Monday, September 23, 2013

Nine Years Old at Lagoon



Paige says, "My birthday was so awesome! My very first roller coaster was the wooden one. It goes up and down and up and down and zoom. I tried to go on the spider ride but I was already sick just looking at it. My favorite ride...  (that's a toughy) was Bombora and the Bat. I went on it a ton of times with Ashby."

This year we decided to celebrate Paige's birthday at Lagoon. We were fortunate enough to get some free tickets  so we were excited for this opportunity that we would never do otherwise.

It was an absolutely beautiful day. The weather was perfect and the lines weren't even too long!

I was worried about being allowed to ride anything while pregnant, but there weren't any restrictions. That was good because Brian doesn't ride roller coasters. So I went on the first few coasters with Paige and Ashby. But then I couldn't handle it anymore. It took all my strength and energy not to throw up and to keep a happy face. Eventually I found a moment to put my head in my hands and cry a little. Then I felt better. Man - I don't want to get too old to ride roller coasters!


I thought the river raft ride was pretty fun with the kiddos. Even though we got pretty wet, the sun felt nice afterward.

We brought picnic food and a bunch of cupcakes to eat. Everyone had a good time, except for Cody - he definitely wanted to take a nap, but we kept him entertained.

It was a fun day. But, for future reference, we found out that Lagoon is definitely not worth the money.



No comments: