Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Exercise! Exercise! We must get our exercise!

(That's a cheer we would say in my elementary school PE class).


In the Fall some big changes were made at stake aerobics. Lara - our leader who began the program 20 years ago - got a job. Yikes! Even more yikes is that she turned over her equipment and class to me!
I certainly don't feel qualified to lead a room full of ladies looking to me to reach their fitness goals. I've been attending this aerobics class for over 6 years, but I've never even been to a real gym or been certified in anything. I only know what we do.
And I'm pregnant! Which changes things a lot!
Sometimes I just have to tell everyone what to do, instead of show them.
I do feel confident in the kind of workout we get each time. I still think the whole program is pretty amazing - weights, toning, core, cardio, zumba, tae bo, cross fit, yoga. Its fantastic!
I'm grateful that other women have stepped up to teach parts that they feel comfortable leading. So, I can fizzle out for a while and come back post-baby.
I know my body and mental health has benefited so much over the years. I love everything about exercising!

No comments: