Sunday, June 1, 2014

To Be American




Paige, Ashby and I were able to perform in our second UVMCO concert and it was amazing! Completely filled with patriotic music, new and classic. Ashby's group sang My Country Tis of Thee and You're a Grand ol' Flag. (We decided to not have Levi participate this time round and hope he learns how to follow instructions soon). Paige's group sang To Be American, Profile of a Flag, and Let Slavery Clank. She says her favorite was To Be American.

The whole experience was incredible. Our very first song received a standing ovation - a standing ovation on the first song! My favorite song was an African spiritual, Follow the Drinkin Gourd. The night before the concert we had a dress rehearsal in SLC and it made for a long night to be away from home and away from my newborn. But I was just so grateful to have the opportunity. I know it wasn't easy on Brian but I told him, "Thank you so much for letting me do something other than take care of babies." I have been glad to have such an uplifting and challenging activity that shows me I can stretch and grow in different areas of life.

No comments: