Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hair

I'm trying to grow out my hair. I don't know why - I always feel so much happier with short hair. Nonetheless, I thought I'd give it another try. I've actually made it a lot further than I have in the past. Its this dumb in-between stage that gets me. Too short to pull back or really do anything with it, but too long to look cute. Ugh!

My hair is really thick. Six hours after I shower, it is still wet. I hate blow-drying it though, because it takes 20 minutes and by then I am sweating. I've also given up on having it styled whenever I go to the salon because the hairdressers all complain about how long it takes to dry. I feel like there is a big football helmet on my head right now.

I was growing it out because I wanted long hair for the fancy UVU Scholarship ball that Brian has gotten to take me to for the past 6 years. But for some reason we didn't get invited this year. :( So now I have somewhat long hair and I want to cut it, but I don't feel like I can because I just made our Christmas cards with new family pics and I can't have different hair before they are even sent out, right?

Maybe if I can just get it thinned out, I will be able to survive the remainder of this awkward stage. But then if I see all the scissors waiting on the counter I may just have to chop it off.

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I am never grumpier than when my hair isn't how I like it. I'm a confirmed short hair girl too. I say your Christmas cards don't matter a bit, and if you want it short then DO IT! :)

aubrie said...

That is so funny. I was just thinking when I talked to you today how beautiful your hair is. BUT, if you like it better short I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

I say get a new stylist. I have a lot of hair too. But my stylist has made it as low maintenance as possible, so I don't have to go in much. Sometimes the cut can make all the differnce. BTW I want to see you with your long hair.

Kendra

Heather Buell said...

I feel you with the thick hair. I feel like I have a horses mane. Everyone who has cut my hair has also been shocked by how thick it is. I'm glad to know there are others like me and that I'm not a freak of nature! Good luck deciding how you want it! I'm getting a hair cut as a Christmas gift (my SIL is a hair stylist) and I still haven't decided what I'm going to do to mine!

Tara said...

My stylists can always be found in the valpak ads - Fantastic Sam's or the hair academies. Maybe someday I'll be able to pay more than $9 for a haircut. :)

Emily said...

Haircuts are the most stressful part of my life. I keep it long so I only have to cut it twice a year. And don't ever get your hair cut the day before thanksgiving, you will regret it. (especially at fantastic sam's) Day-before-thanksgiving haircuts are cursed.