Saturday, October 8, 2011

Holy Cow! Paige is 7!

Paige had her "best day ever". This is what she tries to achieve every day when she wakes up, especially when she knows something special is happening that day. This time is was her birthday. I told her we needed to keep her special day pretty low-key since we had a 3 week old baby and I wasn't up to a big party.

We invited her cousins and family over to celebrate. We had face painting and a pinata too. We put our broken trampoline to use by stringing up the pinata between two poles and only allowing one child in the circle at a time - brilliant!

My sister Gayla was visiting from AZ and she taught me how to make cakepops. I had never heard of them before, but apparently they are very popular and now I see them everywhere. It was fun because everyone got to dip and decorate their own. Which meant I didn't have to try to make them professional looking (there are a lot of really cute and clever cakepop ideas out there).

Paige is thrilled to be 7. She is growing up to be an amazing little girl. Sometimes I get concerned that she doesn't act mature enough for her age, but I should probably just let her enjoy being young.

My favorite thing about Paige is how much she loves her family. She is so good to her little brothers and she loves me and daddy. Paige is wonderful. I can't wait to see what fantastic things are in store for her this year.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh, I can't say it enough! She is one cute girl and I wish she and Cloey could play more. When are you coming out here to visit?!?
Happy Birthday you sweet girl!!!