Friday, October 7, 2011

TRUCK!


Levi has made up his own little language. He starts a lot of words with "ee" or "fo", like "ee-pa" (Grandpa) or "ee-gone" (all gone). For the last year he has said "doo-doo" for any trucks he sees. "Tow-doo-doo", "dump-doo-doo", "big-doo-doo". I think it started because of the big rigs that looked like trains which he called "choo-choo". No matter how hard we tried he would not say "truck". It was very frustrating because I knew that he knew the right word. Finally, while reading one of his favorite books the other night, Levi surprised me by saying "kuck". At first I didn't realize what the word meant, but then I jumped for joy! I smiled and laughed and high-fived. Levi was, of course, very pleased with himself.

2 comments:

Susie Faye said...

i love those little victories. congrats on the new addition, i'd love to stop by sometime for a lil visit.

Tara said...

We'd love to have you visit any time. I still need to meet your little one too!