Thursday, December 22, 2011

I believe in Santa

You hear the stories of Christmas miracles and the eyes of children lighting up. You read about the sacrifice and the generosity that accompanies the season and it is all so magical.

Over the years we have been the privileged and grateful recipients of such Christmas miracles. Santa has visited us a number of times, especially when we have needed him most.

Looking back, a few miracles really stand out:
A box of ornaments at our doorstep so we could decorate our tree
Money anonymously appearing in our empty bank account
Large check from my parents after they sold their house
Enormous gift basket of food, snacks, trinkets and even a large frozen turkey
Toys left in Brian's car while he was at work
Isn't it amazing!

My great desire is that I will always remember these Christmas miracles and someday, without hesitation, be able to save another family's Christmas, like others have saved ours.

So, say what you want about Santa Claus, but he has visited my house too many times for me not to believe.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

3 comments:

Emily said...

I believe!

Emily said...

I am glad I read this today. I was starting to not believe.

Heather Buell said...

I'm a big time believer too!