Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Naughty List


"I hate you!"
"You're stupid!"
"I'm gonna punch you in the face!"
"No!"
"I don't want to!"
"You're not my mom anymore!"
(actually he says, "I'm not your mom anymore!" - but he means the other way around. It always makes me laugh when he confuses it.)

These are phrases I hear on a daily basis from our lovely four-year-old, Ashby. For the past several months he has just had the worst, hateful attitude about everything. Every now and then we get to see the old, loving Ashby, but most of the time he is standing in time-out. I hate having to get mad at him all day long. Its exhausting and just makes me so sad.

The other day Ashby got a message from Santa which informed him that he was on the dreaded naughty list. I wondered if it would even make a dent in his attitude.

Yesterday and today however, we have had a very pleasant little boy on our hands. Every now and then he will act out, but its very minimal. I love my pleasant Ashby! He is a sweetheart and I can't help but wonder why he would ever want to be the mean Ashby. I sure hope he gets used to this new attitude and it will last long past Christmas.

(I guess I should knock on wood).

2 comments:

Heather Buell said...

It must be a 4 1/2 year old thing. Aubrey's had attitude lately too and is extra emotional. I'm waiting for the old Aubrey's return as well. Where did our cute, sweet & spunky 4 year old go?!

Heather Buell said...

Oh and Brooke is going through a very naughty phase as well. Oh what fun we are having in our house!