Friday, April 27, 2012

Let me know if I can help...

The offer, while well meaning and often given, “Let me know if I can help” 
is really no help at all. 
 -Ronald A. Rasband of the Presidency of the Seventy


"Let me know if I can help." I've said it myself a hundred times. But now that I'm on the receiving end, I'm keeping a list of all the nice things people have done for us, so I can do them for someone else in the future.
  • Plate of cookies
  • Well-wishing card
  • Run errands
  • Basket of fruit
  • Mow their lawn
  • Pull weeds
  • Make dinner
  • Fresh bread
  • Watch kids for the day
  • Send the couple on a date
  • Listening ear
  • Travel snacks
  • Wash their car
  • Package of gum
  • Extra travel money
  • Bubbles
  • Coloring books/markers
  • Bag of rolls for kids who don't eat anything else
  • Do their dishes
  • Take out the trash
  • Easter egg hunts
  • Pick up mail
  • Box of thank-you cards to hand out
  • Travel knick-knacks for kids to open in the car
  • Frozen meals
  • Sweep their porch
  • Mop their floor 
  • Hold a baby 
  • Good thoughts and prayers 

If you have other good ideas to add, let me know.

"It is my hope and prayer that we will continue to bear nobly our burdens and to reach out to those among us who are suffering."

3 comments:

Tasha said...

So glad you've had so many helpers around. I wish I could be one of them.

Brian Blumer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Blumer said...

... And counting...
(we are very blessed, and thankful for it).