Saturday, April 7, 2012

Our first swim lessons

When I signed the kids up for swim lessons earlier this year I picked March. I looked at the calendar and it was completely empty. I picked Saturday mornings because I don't usually have a car during the week and on Saturday's I would have Brian to help divide and conquer. Plus March was a month when nothing really happens, right (its not warm enough for a lot of activities, but it was close enough to Summer that they might actually remember how to swim when it comes).

Well, March didn't turn out the way I had intended...

Week 1: I had YW regional basketball tournament in which I was heading up. Brian was brave and took all 4 kids to swim lessons. That was difficult since he couldn't go in the Ladies' locker room and Paige couldn't go into the Men's.
Week 2: I was on a Stake YW camp retreat all weekend. Again Brian was brave and Paige and Ashby were grateful. They've never had swim lessons before, so this was much needed.
Week 3: We skipped lessons to run as a family in the Rex Lee Run (race for a cure).
Week 4 & 5: We were in California on a last minute, week long trip to visit Granddad and Grandma.

Not such a successful swim lesson month. Think there's a way to get our money back?

No comments: