Thursday, May 10, 2012

Eating Healthy

One reason I find it hard to eat healthy is because of my loathing to go to the grocery store. I'll buy produce with great intents of snacking on it and cooking with it. But then I'm too afraid to do it. Because if I eat it I'll be out of produce and then I'll have to go to the grocery store again. So it sits in my fridge giving me the allusion that we have fresh produce and I will not have to go to the store any time soon. But soon enough, that produce turns to mush and ends up in the garbage and then I realize I have to go to the grocery store again...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup, I've totally done that! a couple of things I've done to get the veggies eaten: prep fresh veggies for a veggie tray and make a low fat dip (I've heard Greek yogurt is a good base, but I use pureed fat free cottage cheese with a touch of lite mayo for richness and a packet of ranch dip seasoning). when I have them prepped and set the veggies and dip out after school and just before dinner we go through a TON of goodf resh vegetables. Also, I use a dry erase marker on the front off our fridge (it's stainless steel so magnets don't stick on the front, but dry erase markets work fabulously). I keep a list on there of the produce that needs to be used so I don't forget. It also helps the girls remember and they'll ask for fruits and vegetables! I also write grocery lists, lists of what leftovers are in the fridge that, what I've bought the groceries for (basically menu ideas), etc written right in the fridge.

Tina said...

Right there with ya. Tyler just shakes his head and sighs when he's throwing away "money" as he calls it. Whoops! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Raw LDS Mom said...

It helps when fresh produce is ALL that's in the fridge ;) Seriously though..when all you have are raw ingredients I.e. Grains, beans, veggies, fruits and you have to make everything from scratch..it's helps! You will eat it! It won't go bad! But if the quick, instant, processed, packaged, boxed foods are available then "the natural man" usually goes for that stuff first.