Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bosom Buddies

 Have you ever had a friend you did everything with?

Most of my life I have had someone like that...my twin sister Tasha. Maybe that's cheating, but I was grateful for a built-in friend. I've found its harder to make really good friends as you get older.
But since Tasha and I split ways, I've had a new twin - Angela Parry. 

There were times when we saw each other almost every day. Between aerobics three days a week, co-op preschool for four years, play dates at the park, Primary singing time, Relief Society board meetings, ward and stake choir, Enrichment nights, and YW sports - we did a lot together.

Angela is inspiring in so many ways. She taught me so many things about loving motherhood, setting goals and especially taught me about listening to the spirit.



Yesterday morning, our dearest Parry family moved to Logan. No longer around the corner, now two hours away. I'm excited for them and their new adventure, but I'm sad for us that are left behind. Yet, I know that these best friendships can span long distances.

Thank you Angela, for being my friend, in spite of me. Thank you for your kind and loving example. Thank you for your laughs and silliness. Thank you for your talents and service. You will be missed greatly.



 ...And then there's Jacob Parry. Ashby's best friend. Aren't they the cutest? They were going to break all the girls' hearts together.
Ashby says, "I love Jacob. I like playing with him and playing sword fight with sticks. I like playing at his house and I like playing at aerobics with him."

1 comment:

Tasha said...

You guys will always be good friends I'm sure. Just look at me and you. :)