Sunday, August 19, 2012

Paige Remembers First Grade

My teacher in first grade was Mrs. Moser. I love her very much. She's a very great teacher. She does very fun activities. My favorite was the candy rocket. First was when we made a little rocket (except it wasn't actually a rocket - it didn't actually explode or fly). Then we made a little string and cut a hole and tied a little string in it. Next we put another string onto the bottom, so at the end of the week if the rocket was full of sweets, we could pull the string down and let all of the candy out and eat it! There was a rocket over each and every table. And, if we're good in school then we get ten or five candies in our table.

My friends were Kaylee, Grace, James (I have a crush on him), Alizabeth, Naomi, Roselyn, Dallyn, Emilio, Anthony, Jacob, and Jace. At recess usually me and my bestest friend, James, would sometimes play Night Furies. I was the mom and James was the baby. We loved to do the monkey bars - everybody cheered for us, and I'm really good!

I won in the Reflections contest. I got a trophy, my very first one! And I got a green ribbon from the district contest. On the science fair I won first place, too. I won a microscope and a magic illusion game. A magic illusion is when you put something in it, and put the top on and the hole makes a reflection with mirrors come out of the bowl. Its pretty weird. (There are mirrors everywhere inside.) It also came with marbles. It is a really cool toy. Sometimes I even put my platypus in it, and use as a dress for it.

The school play was a really fun thing, too. I got to be Professor Longears (he's actually supposed to be a boy). I got a little embarrassed when we were practicing. I kind of got a little nervous because everybody was watching me in the play, but I was the big hit of the show! The play was called, "Professor Longears saves the day," so, I saved the day. :) It was really fun, we even got to sing some songs about Spring. The rain song is Ashby's favorite.

My favorite subject in school is P.E. Mrs. Robertson is the teacher. I liked the garbage throw best. There are balls in one line, we pretend its the garbage. And on the sides are the houses, so we don't want garbage in any of our house backyards. So we have to throw it into the other neighbors'. I know its kind of rude, but its still fun.

Every morning I rode my scooter to school, and in the winter I rode with the Galvez's and the Lindsey's (my neighbors).

When I grow up I want to be an astronaut. And a little bit of an artist too, because I love art. You know why I want to be an astronaut? Because I want to go to the moon, and maybe to Mars if I can. I also want to learn science and math - that's what astronauts are really, really good at.

I had a great time in First Grade. I love first grade!

First day of 1st Grade

Last day of 1st Grade

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe the difference in those two pictures! What??? She looks like a completely different girl. So grown up! It must be the hair. But she sure is beautiful! Can't wait to hear about her 2nd grade adventures.