Tuesday, June 18, 2013

CELEBRATING 32


I had a birthday, shout HOORAY!

We celebrated with a day of fun.

First we used our coupons to play at the trampoline park, Hang Time.


My favorite part is the foam pit. I love not having to worry about landing any tricks. I love to do front flips and double flips and twists. This time Brian encouraged me to do a back flip. I have never done a back flip in my life....and I still haven't. I was actually too scared. Maybe that will be my goal for next time. :)



We came home and put the little ones down for a nap. Then our neighbor came to babysit so that Brian and I could go out to lunch at Tucanos. Free birthday meal for me and father's day discount for Brian. Score! 



Our next adventure was to the Thanksgiving Point Natural History Museum. I had bought a groupon many months ago to this place and it expired that weekend, so I knew what I would be doing for my birthday. ;)

I haven't been to this museum for several years and the last time was on a $2 Tuesday which was a huge mistake - bumper to bumper strollers. This time it wasn't crowded and we had a lot of fun.









Part of the groupon was a paleo experience where the kids got to use special tools.


They used an air drill to uncover fish fossils in rocks taken from a lake in Wyoming.



And made molds of fossils to take home. A T-Rex tooth and a trilobite.




After a long day of play we came home and opened presents and had cake. I was grateful for nice square pan from Brian's mom and some DIY tools from Brian to help with the list of projects I'm endeavoring.



The cake was a Cinnamon Roll Cake that caught my eye on Pinterest a long time ago. Finally a good excuse to make it and eat it. Yummy!


It was such a lovely birthday. Often times taking my kids to a lot of places is stressful and really just more work than play. But this time, I was happy that everything actually worked out. What a great present!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Yay!!! What a fun day. I'm so glad everything turned out great!! Happy birthday!!!!