Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rollerblading

Yesterday we rode down to the end of the river trail. I went on my rollerblades pushing Levi in the trailer, and Brian and the kids rode bikes - that meant I got to go fast!  I love rollerblading. Last summer I didn't do it at all and I missed it. I love skating as fast as I can and getting in a good rhythm and hearing the swoosh, swoosh of the skates underneath me.

The second summer of our marriage, after Brian had graduated and we had no job, the two of us would rollerblade on the river trail from our apartment in the Branbury. A couple times we skated all the way to the end at Utah Lake. It was Spring and I remember how in love I was with the beauty at the end of the river trail - amazing snow-capped mountains, green farm fields, horses and cows and birds and ducks. I felt like we were in the middle of the Swiss Alps and it was lovely.  Now I can't believe we live right there - amidst all that beauty. And I love to go down the river trail and take it all in again and again.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I remember rollerblading together with our babies in their strollers. Love those memories with you, Paige, me and Cloey. What was it like to just have one?!?