Saturday, June 8, 2013

What I want my kids to learn

The other week Paige asked me what I learned as a kid growing up in my family. I was surprised that I didn't have to think about it very long - FAITH and HARD WORK.

I thought more about it and decided on some family themes that I wanted to display in our home.

  • I want my kids to know the importance of being a family - of working together and loving each other no matter what. A family that is sealed together for time and all eternity.
  • I want them to know about faith. Faith in Jesus Christ and His gospel. Faith that is required in obedience and enduring to the end.
  • I want them to learn to work hard. I want them to not be afraid to sweat. To feel the great sense of accomplishment that comes from a job well done.
  • I also want my kids to know how to have fun. To unwind and enjoy the good things in life that will bring them true happiness. 


I followed a tutorial to make vintage looking painted signs  and it was so easy and fun. I'm keeping my eye out for more wood and wall space and things to write. Such possibilities!
 

1 comment:

Tina said...

Fantastic job Tara!! You are wonderful and your kids are lucky to have such a great mom! You sure are teaching them the right things! Way to go!!