Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rumor is I'm still 29

Well, that's true...actually I'm just barely 29. It was a nice birthday in spite of the whole getting older thing. I told Brian that some things he could get me could include anything to help me feel more attractive (since I have definitely not been feeling very pretty lately)...you know like lipstick or nail polish or some new eye shadow. He called me early in the day and said, "Okay I've set up an appointment for you to get a makeover at the Dillard's Clinique counter". That was a surprise! I felt all dolled up for our date that evening, though I felt a little funny with blush on - I just don't think I can pull off the blush look. The funny coincidence was that the Clinique consultant turned out to be my cousin, Janene. So that was pretty crazy, but nice because I didn't feel so pressured into having to buy something.

I spent the daytime playing on the slip-n-slide in the backyard with the kids. I love the slip-n-slide. I feel like I can still do it well, and it helps me feel like a kid again. I think I impressed the kids with my sliding ability.

In the evening Brian took me out to a new restaurant called Sparks where I enjoyed a delicious Rock Shrimp Risotto, and then we quickly raced around D.I. before they closed so I could find some new clothes (I still want to go there some time when I'm not rushed, I know the perfect things I've been needing are in there somewhere), and then to the dollar theater. It it always so nice to go out on a date with my husband. And thanks to Joel (Brian's brother) and Emily for babysitting for my birthday date.

Tasha visited over the weekend and we did a few things to celebrate our birthday together. It was especially fun to sing in church with her and blow out birthday candles. I still always feel awkward whenever I have to celebrate my birthday by myself - I much prefer sharing it with Tasha.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Hey Tara!!! Happy belated birthday!
I'm glad you had such a good one. I'm glad you were able to go out with Brian and get all dolled up. You deserve it. What a great present. I've always wanted to do that but I'm too embarrassed to do something like that at the mall.
Again, Happy b-day big 2.9!!

Tasha said...

Where's the make-over picture Tar? I hope you took one. So funny that Janene was the consultant. And I like sharing my birthday with you as well. I remember it was so awkward that very first time (when I was 23) that I got sung Happy Birthday to by myself. It was weird not singing along and adding your name into it. Happy Birthday dear Tara!

Tara said...

I'm sorry I didn't take a picture. I brought the camera, but was too embarrassed. The make-up didn't really look soooo different, just a little more than usual. I kissed Levi good-bye when leaving for our date, and didn't realize I left a big lipstick mark on his cheek. I finally wiped my lipstick off at the restaurant.

Emily said...

Birthday dates are the best. Happy Birthday Tara! 29 rocks.

Tanya Leigh said...

Happy Birthday!! What a nice birthday treat! ... I think that is so sweet that you feel awkward celebrating your bday by yourself. I miss you guys!