Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bringing up Baby

I have been feeling pretty stressed out about the arrival of our new baby. I just felt like there was so much to do and I was running out of time. So I have been working hard around the house to actually start crossing things off my list. There's moving Levi into Ashby's room and into the toddler bed, rearranging dressers and closets to make room for everything, finding spots for all the large baby items - swing, bouncy seat, bassinet, etc. - and probably the biggest project, sorting through clothes.

We came home from our family reunion with 5 big garbage bags of hand-me-down clothes and ever since, my front room has looked more like a store with piles of clothes everywhere. I am so grateful for free clothes, but it is pretty daunting since our house is already jam-packed and we don't have any storage space. Well, I went through everything and ended up putting 6 storage bins up in the attic. I sorted through all the baby clothes and washed and folded them.

Look at all these baby clothes! And this pile is just the 0-3 months. I bet I could go the whole three months without even having to wash the clothes. Oh,... washing baby clothes...that sure ends up being a lot of snaps clanging around in the dryer.

I'm starting to feel more prepared. There is still a lot to do, but I think I've got it under control. I'm starting to feel a little more excited, and not just stressed.

1 comment:

Tina said...

How exciting!! It's almost time! I love the washing of baby clothes, organizing and getting ready. It makes me excited! I'm glad you feel more prepared now. Can't wait to hear the news!!