Sunday, September 16, 2012

Have a good one


"Have a good one!" 
This is what I heard every week on my way out the door from piano lessons.
Have a good what? I often thought. It took me a long time to realize what Sis. Thacker meant.  Oh, have a good day. But I think it was more than that. It was a way of saying that we should make everything we do good. I feel it was also a way for Sis. Thacker to acknowledge some of the things we may have talked about while having piano lessons. Have a good test, have a good practice, have a good goal, have a good relationship, have a good life. So, while I may have left shaking my head the first time I heard the saying, I eventually left Sis. Thacker’s home every time with a smile on my face, thinking of all the “good” I could do.
Now I hear myself saying "Have a good one!" to everyone I talk with – you really can’t go wrong with that phrase. And every time I say it, I think of Sis. Thacker.

(Sister Thacker is fighting cancer and undergoing other treatments and surgeries right now. This is a note a wrote to include in a compilation to lift her spirits. She really is the epitome of everything good.)  

No comments: