Wednesday, September 12, 2012

There are still good people around

Last week I saw my 5 year old son screaming and kicking while he was being held against his will, draped over a man's shoulder walking down the street outside WalMart. As I watched from afar, feeling helpless and frustrated, I saw a beat up old car follow slowly behind the perpetrator monitoring the situation. It made me uneasy at first, thinking someone might jump out and pull my son into the car. But then I realized they were the ones actually ready to jump into action and stop the assailant. What the driver soon discovered was that the man was the boy's father and the boy was throwing an irrational tantrum. Because of the fit, my boy had been invited to get out of the family car and walk home (with his Dad). I drove off and did a U-turn a few blocks later to pick them up, hoping that the tantrum had ceased. That's when I saw the suspicious car following them. It made me nervous until I realized how they probably perceived the situation.  Then I was grateful. Isn't it nice to know there are still good people around?

1 comment:

~aileen~jaron~ said...

YOUR CRAZY! freaked me out! who starts a story like that. I was sick! Brat!...im sure your getting a chuckle!