Friday, May 14, 2010

Birthday Spoiling



After trying to figure out the best way to celebrate my friend Elizabeth's birthday she called and said, "You know what I really want to do for my birthday is paint your nails."
"What?! Shouldn't I be painting your nails for your birthday?"
She said it was a new hobby and talent she was trying to develop and that she would love to practice on me. So I was the lucky one that got to be spoiled for Elizabeth's birthday. Even Paige and Ashby got into it. Ashby wanted green nails. Paige had stickers and drawings on her nails. I chose french tips. I have never had my nails done. I remember I wanted to get french tips when I got married, but it didn't end up happening, so I was very excited to get a manicure. Elizabeth did a great job and it was so fun.
The next day I went on a date with Brian to the BYU Ballroom Dance Concert. I felt so pretty with my beautiful nails. Sometimes I feel like I need all the help I can get in order to feel attractive. I'm grateful to Elizabeth for helping me out. And...Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I had a friend like Elizabeth! If you hadn't had a date, you would've needed to invent one, just to do the nails justice. Very nice.



Mom B. again ;)

Unknown said...

Seth did not say that -- I did!! Why is his name showing up here, anyway?? Don't be fooled. He might want a friend like Elizabeth, but certainly not for the nail painting benefits!


Mom B.!!!! (NOT Seth)

Tara said...

Well, I got a good laugh out of that, "Seth". I thought he was sounding kind of funny. Thanks for the comments. (I wonder what Seth would look like with french tips...)