Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pansy Fairy

Brian learned that the flower garden outside his office would be getting torn up on Monday so he came home with boxes and cans full of colorful pansies. We have never planted flowers at our house before. We've been happy to have some perennials come up each Spring since we bought the house, but I honestly know nothing about them. Even though I love yards with beautiful flowers, its hard for me to justify spending money on something that will just die in a month or so. We had so many flowers we even got some flower pots to decorate the front porch (thanks, Amy) and we gave some left over pansies to an elderly neighbor as a surprise.


We went back to the area on Saturday afternoon with Brian's sister and our neighbor to pick more flowers. We probably picked a hundred bunches of pansies, but you can hardly even tell. It sure is a lot of flowers to go to waste.

I learned a few things about gardening in this process...one reason I don't like gardening is that I'm constantly showing my bum-crack. I changed my shirt three times on Saturday, but it didn't seem to matter how long it was. I also learned that I'm crankier about working in the dirt when I have had a manicure, but with french tips, its harder to tell how much dirt you have under your nails.

3 comments:

Brian Blumer said...

I wish I had known about this opportunity a lot earlier. There were clearly enough flowers there to decorate our entire neighborhood. But I'm glad we got to share them with Kjirsten and Amy at least.

By the way, for the record, you probably didn't have to change your shirt so many times. I never noticed anything you wouldn't want people to see.

Tina said...

Yay for having a blog!!! I'm so excited. I love all the flowers. We just planted some yesterday and it sure #1 cost a fortune and #2 took forever! But, you know, we have to decorate the outside if we are going to sell our house!!!!!!
Yep, we are moving. I'm announcing it on my blog in a couple of weeks so hush, hush about it. Tyler actually got a promotion and we are moving to Layton!! Can you believe it? I'll only be an hour away. I'm so excited about it. We move in July!!!!
Anyway, I can't wait to read more about your cute little family!

Unknown said...

Now I want to come and see your new flower beds in person! What I can see is lovely. It will mean more to you because of all the effort you've put into it, and you'll smile even more knowing the price was right. Way to seize the day, Brian!

Mom Blumer