Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rumor is I got a new plate

A long time ago I started a collection. Rather, my mom started a collection for me. It was a collection of decorative plates. Each plate was given in memory of a school or community play I participated in. I think the first play I was in was when I was 7 or 8 years old. I auditioned for many productions, and was fortunate to make a few. In seventh grade I had the greatest opportunity to perform as Anne in Anne of Green Gables. I loved it. It was one of the neatest experiences in my life. I know my mom looked for a plate to commemorate the occasion, but couldn't find one. It didn't care much about it at the time anyway - she gave me several Anne dolls, and calendars and books and journals to make it special (really she went overboard). When we moved into this house and I was looking for a good place to put my plates I was sad that I didn't have one to represent Anne of Green Gables. I looked online to see if I could find one now - I could, but it was much too expensive for me at this time. I knew my mom would buy one for me, but she was gone. So I put it on my list of things to get some day.

Today I got a knock on my door and the mailman was standing there with a package in his hand. There was no indication of who the package was from, but I opened eagerly and inside was this beautiful Anne plate. I can't believe it! I have no idea who its from, but I am so excited to get to add it to my collection. Thank you, thank you mystery giver. What a generous and thoughtful gift.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how touching! I love those tender secret surprises like that :)

Tina said...

Oh my goodness!! You truly are loved! What a priceless gift and how fun to have it be a secret! It looks GREAT up with your other plates!

Brian Blumer said...

Are you standing on our kitchen counter for that photo?

Tara said...

I found out it was a late birthday present from my mother-in-law. I didn't even know she knew that I wanted that. I was so excited when I found out, I immediately called her. Then suddenly while the phone was ringing, I started crying and couldn't even talk.