Friday, July 30, 2010

The Rumor is I made something


Normally, that would just be a rumor. But surprisingly this time it is true.

Next week is girls camp and I had to come up with a home-made gift to give my secret sister. I don't know her yet - since I'm going with the Stake and this girl is in a different ward - so I wasn't sure what to make. I decided some kind of cute hat, and the easiest one I could find was a beret. I don't know if she likes hats, but I hope so. I ended up with enough fabric and made three hats. I'm not sure which one I should give away. They are cute, as long as you don't look too closely. I don't know why I have such a hard time sewing. Guess that's what happens when you only take the sewing machine out once a year.

If you are interested, I found the pattern at this site. It was a simple enough idea. I bet you all could do it.
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/woolen-beret

Here's hoping my secret sister likes it!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Tara! She is going to LOVE it! What a fun and unique gift.
Paige looks so cute as your little (unsure) model!!

Spencer said...

so cool. I'll look into that for my girls!