Monday, September 6, 2010

Nobody told me to never have a baby in September

5 years, 11 months, and 17 days. This is how long we have waited for Paige to start school.

We had really hoped that Paige would start Kindergarten last year. Heaven knows she was ready for it. I talked to my older sister and she said, "Paige has to start school. You march into that school district office and you don't take no for an answer." So we went, and asked what our options were. They said, sorry the law is age 5 by Sept 1st, and there was nothing we could do about it. Guess things are different in Utah.

I feel like we have waited for this day forever. I feel like Paige is the last one to start school. I even see on Facebook all her little baby friends (that were really still babies when Paige was walking around) starting Kindergarten before she does. Even my same sister's 4-year-old starting school in Arizona. [sigh]

I know Paige will love school, just as I did as a kid. And I know she is ready for more learning and stimulation than I have been able to give her.

Well tomorrow is the big day. Everyone asks me if I think I will cry when Paige starts school. I just shake my head, doubting...because I have been looking forward to this day for a long time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If she had gone to a private kindergarten the year before then she could have gone to 1st grade this year instead.
Kate and Lizzie were both fairly young when they went to school so it was great for them. Sabrina has an October birthday and she's dying to be in school. She starts twice a week preschool on Wednesday and we're ecstatic! Though I may be a little sad for a moment also since she's my littlest baby....
then I'll get over it and go out to lunch with my husband ;)

Tara said...

Yah. I guess I should have mentioned there were other options, just none we could afford.

The Wizzle said...

I totally feel your pain. I have two September babies...

...but I'm in Arizona, and Devlin started at not-quite-5. :) Ha! We'll see what happens with baby Iris when it's her turn.

Tina said...

Oh she's gonna love it! I'm waiting for a picture of her adorable outfit and her hair-do. She will do awesome at school. I'm actually grateful that Jacob still has 2 more years until school. He has a September b-day but he needs that extra time to catch up.
I hope you are surviving today!! Any tears?