Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rumor is we had our first-ever slumber party

Paige has always asked if she could have a slumber party, and I've always said, sounds fun, but you'll have to wait till you're older. Paige's birthday is this Tuesday and I couldn't figure out what to do for it. While I still think Paige is too young to have a sleepover, I thought we might as well start with a cousin slumber party. Needless to say, Paige was thrilled with the idea.
So we invited Annika Boyack (nearly 7) and Anna Penrod (nearly 6).


We began with a craft of decorating picture frames to take home.


Paige's favorite game of Don't Eat Pete - birthday edition.


Anna gave Paige a bucket of linkable beads. They all loved it and played for about an hour making all kinds of jewelry.


Annika got Paige a new bucket of Lego's - so exciting. Paige is really getting into Lego's.


We painted and decorated toe/fingernails.


Bedtime stories - its nice to have a little bit older cousin willing to read to other kids.


Fruit Loop and GummiSaver necklaces.


A trip to the family fun fair at UVU for breakfast and some fun booths -
including an inside look at a fire engine.

The kids really did a great job. Although I did end up sleeping on the couch next to them, I was impressed with everyone's attitude, helpfulness and obedience.
It was a very enjoyable slumber party!


3 comments:

Tasha said...

Sounds like a great time for the girls. That was a very fun idea. Hope you got some sleep. :)

adriennep said...

Anna really did have a great time. So glad you took pictures and documented it! Super cute.

Tina said...

So cute!! I can't believe she's 6. I remember meeting her when she was like 6 weeks old. I love those memories of us four (you, Paige, me and Cloey) hanging out all the time. Miss you!!