Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mommy/Daughter Date

Its been over 3 months since Paige had a birthday. She received some money and we discussed some of the possibilities she could do with it.
Of all the options, she chose to to have a Mommy/Daughter date with me. That made me feel pretty good. Yesterday we finally got around to it.



Paige's choice was to go ice skating. It was her first time on the ice. We went around once while she held on to the wall and my hand. My back was aching by the first lap from having to pull her and hold her up the whole time. Then we scrounged up one of these walker-type contraptions and she cruised. She still fell down sometimes, but it was nice to not have to hold her hand.



After about 2 hours of skating we handed the walker to another little and girl and went around a couple more times without it. Paige did so well. She was much more confident and we didn't even have to stay near the wall. She did still hold on to my hand, but it wasn't so bad. I was so pleased with the progress she made in just one day.



After skating Paige treated me to dinner and an arcade game. It was nice to know exactly how much money we had to spend and that it wasn't even mine.

It was really fun to go on this date with Paige. It had been years since I'd been ice skating. It was all her choice and I think it was a good one.

Thanks for inviting me to spend your money with you Paige! You are delightful!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

How fun Tar! What a great date. I love that picture of you and Paige.

Tina said...

Wow!! How great to have that one on one time with Paige! She sure is cute!