Sunday, February 26, 2012

We are a foxy family!


We participated in our ward talent show this weekend. It was such an entertaining night, full of really fun acts. I'm so glad we got our family involved.

We sang a song that Brian grew up with and the kids have always enjoyed singing along to. On our trips this last summer we would all sing it together in the car and then we realized it would make a fun skit/song. The kids liked the idea right away, we just hoped they would cooperate.

Ashby agreed to be the main fox character, but I was sure we'd have to switch it to Paige at the last second (Ashby is good at changing his mind like that). Fortunately he stuck with it, and did a surprisingly good job.

Levi would sing his line all around the house, but got a bit shy at performance time. I didn't even notice him dancing around and doing tumbling tricks behind us until just now watching the playback.

Paige was of course a natural on the stage.

And everyone said Cody was the cutest part.

Brian did a really great job being the star singer, and I felt slightly embarrassed by my hammyness. I also tried to play the tamborine, but I kept getting confused because the audience was clapping off my beat. Why weren't they following me?



Overall it was a great experience. We'll have to start thinking about what to do at the next talent show...

Oh -- please be impressed that I made fox ears for everyone. This type of crafty thing is waaaayyy beyond my comfort level, so I was quite pleased - even if they weren't perfect. Paige's was especially hard to sew to a little headband and was already starting to fall apart before the show began. Darn. But, I got my sewing machine out this year. Now I can put it back away until next year. :)

5 comments:

Tina said...

I just love the picture. Everyone is adorable and yes, I'm impressed with the fox ears!! I would love to see the video if you have one to share!! I also love that your family does this every year. I wish Ty would do it too...

Tara said...

I've been trying all night and today to get the video to upload. Its not working. Any suggestions?

Tara said...

Okay. Hopefully that will work. :)

Tina said...

Soooooo cute!! I smiled the whole time!!!! your kids are so great at performing. I'd never get mine to do that!!!

Lisa said...

So fun!! Good job on the whole thing, all of you! (love the fox ears)!