Friday, April 12, 2013

Lucky me!




I can't believe I got to go skiing two times this winter! Especially since I haven't gone for several years. The best part was that both times were free! - which is really the only way I'd ever get to go skiing. 

The first time I took Ashby with me to Sundance to teach him how to ski because Brian got a free pass from work. Much of the snow had melted and the slopes were pretty slushy, but it was a beautiful sunny day and we had a good experience.

The second time was up to The Canyons in Park City with one of my best friends. It had just snowed the day before so the scenery was beautiful, the snow was nice and the company was great. It was Elizabeth's first time since she was a kid, so it was fun to share that experience with her. ANd I didn't mind an excuse to go slow. I skied the first half of the day and then snowboarded the second half. And I'm happy to report I didn't fall down the whole day! I was surprised how well I remembered how to snowboard - I even tried a couple of jumps!
It was fun to ditch all our kids and have an adventure on our own!
 
I feel so lucky!

No comments: