Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wal Mart Bathroom Adventure

Three little boys accompanied me to WalMart this morning. That's an adventure on its own, right?
Well, it gets better.

During checkout the older two boys decided they needed to go to the bathroom and ran off before I knew what had happened.
As I was putting bagged groceries into the cart I could hear screeeeeaaaming and crying echoing across the store. Of course, it was coming from the restroom.
I anxiously waited for the cashier to finish up, swiped my card and hurried over to the restroom.
Of course... they had gone into the Men's Restroom. Now what was I supposed to do?
So, I stood in the entry way talking to the boys.

What's wrong?
Levi tinkled on me.
Why did he tinkle on you?
I don't know!
What do you need?
I need new pants.
Well, I don't have new pants for you. Why is Levi crying?
I don't know!

A couple of men walked out and I asked them if they knew what was going on.
Well, it looks like the littler one peed on the the bigger one. I'm assuming they're both yours.
Is there anyone else left inside?
Yes.

So, I stood in the entry way waiting some more. Trying to talk the boys into getting paper towels and cleaning themselves up. That was a no go.

Eventually I got the all-clear and hesitantly walked into the men's restroom.

There they were. Standing at opposite sides of a urinal. Pants around their ankles. Levi is dripping with tears, and Ashby is dripping with...you know...other stuff. Completely saturated from tummy to toes. Woh.

I grab a bunch of paper towels and start wiping them off. Trying to comfort and reassure them that we will quickly change clothes as soon as we got home. Levi was easy to wipe off. His pants were just a little bit wet. Poor Ashby. It took me two trips to the paper towel dispenser. Plus a few more trips to sop up the puddle on the floor (sorry WalMart, you had quite a mess to mop up today).

I think the boys learned a few good lessons today: Don't go to the bathroom without mom. Don't try to teach your little brother how to use a urinal when he usually sits to go wet. And most important, move out of the way if there is a stream of urine pointed at you.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh Tara. That is so many little boys for you to chase! And so many streams to direct.... you are amazing. (And probably exhausted!)