Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said

Yesterday I went the doctor. It was an epic 2 hour appointment.

I never go to the doctor.
Who has time for that?
My list of ailments just gets longer and longer.
But I finally checked some things off...or least in the process of checking them off.

  • Coccydynia (tailbone pain) - broke over 6 years ago.
  • Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (tingling in my fingers) - dealt with for 7 years.
  • Torn meniscus (knee joint) - popped 2 months ago.
  • And my yearly woman exam - which I've put off for nearly 2 years.

I walked out of the office with one prescription and 5 radiology orders that will be completed next week. I'm pretty excited to get some answers.


2 comments:

Tina said...

Holy cow girly!! I'm so glad you got those things taken care of. I hope you will finally be pain free here soon and get the help you need. Good luck with everything!!

Unknown said...

What an appointment! Nice that the doctor was willing / able to spend the time with you all at once! I needed to have a suspicious mole removed and discuss some other issues but the doc couldn't do both at once. He's discussed other issues with me at the same appointment, but since they were doing the biopsy, they had to put off the others. Apparently if they did it differently the insurance company would make me pay out of pocket for the most expensive of the issues! Ick.
I was delighted to learn from my obgyn that the standard "yearly exam" thing has been changed. For those who haven't had any unusual results from the exam and are in a mutually monogamous relationship they can go 3 years between regular appointments instead of 1 :) I was very happy about that, lol.
I'm totally impressed by all you're able to do with a bum tailbone (ha ha, just caught the pun there.), knee, and TOS! Impressed by all your sports and activities! I bruised my tailbone when I was young (like 13 yo) and it gave me problems for ages. A full break is nasty business! Way to go :)