Friday, October 8, 2010

Don't you just love the prophet?

My first encounter with Pres. Monson occurred in England when I was sixteen. We were visiting my Dad's old mission and attended the Preston England temple dedication. Pres. Hinckley and Pres. Monson walked into the room where we were. I remember Pres. Monson looking directly at me and smiling as he walked down the hall. I was overwhelmed with the spirit and I knew he was called of God. Even if it was just a brief glance in my direction, I feel a special connection to Pres. Monson. He is a wonderful man and a chosen prophet for all of us.



make sure you stay tuned, till the very end of the video.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, which session is this at? Kate was sitting on the front row probably one section further towards the center at the Saturday morning session. She met the General Relief Society president who introduced her to one of the councillors also. In fact, a few days later the RSP remembered her name still!!! (My SIL works as an assistant to one of the 70s). Also, Elder Perry's wife pointed her out as a "cute girl" :)
It's amazing to be so close to the leaders of the church! As a little girls I never would have imagined such an experience!

Nicole said...

Was this at the Relief Society session? I remember everyone laughing but I missed what was so funny.

Tara said...

This was after the Sunday afternoon session.

Yah, I missed seeing what was so funny after the RS session also. Oh well.