Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hoppy Easter

Easter this year was filled with all the normal Easter traditions. But we did try a couple of new things.
On Saturday morning I ventured out with the kids alone to the city Easter egg hunt. I knew it would be crowded, but I just hoped I could keep track of my kids. I couldn't believe how many people were there! Probably a thousand (literally). The park was divided up by age groups to hunt for eggs, but I made my 3 stay in one area, otherwise they would have been in 3 different areas. When it was time to hunt, they rushed onto the field, but a few seconds later Ashby was crying because he didn't get any eggs. And by that time pretty much all of the eggs were picked up. One little girl shared an egg with him so he wouldn't cry. That was so nice. Luckily Paige got several eggs, so she shared too. Poor Levi was made to stay in the stroller the whole time. After the egg hunt we waited in line for about 45 minutes to get faces painted. Then we waited in line for petting baby farm animals. Then we waited in line for pizza. Then Paige started crying because I didn't want to wait in line for the bouncy house - it was time to go home. All in all, it was a successful outing - in that nobody got lost. Hooray for that.



The backyard Easter egg hunt was a much more pleasant experience for everyone. The Easter bunny really went overboard on all the eggs she hid, but at least no one cried over not getting any.


You can all be as much in love with Levi's sport coat as I am. He was the cutest kid at church for sure. I just couldn't help smiling at him and his cute outfit.

1 comment:

Brian Blumer said...

Yup, it was a fun Easter, and those are definitely some beautiful children! ;-)
I'm glad I wasn't there for the city park egg hunt - I don't think I could have handled the heartbreak. I still look back at the Nu Skin egg hunt with anxiety.