Friday, May 20, 2011

Losing Brain Cells

Yesterday I planned ahead. I was at Wal Mart and remembered that I needed to get cash for a babysitter that evening. I got two ten dollar bills.

As we were headed out the door for the evening I remembered I had gotten that money, but I suddenly could not remember where I put it. I checked my wallet, the diaper bag, my jacket pockets and my jean pockets. Nothing.

Brian helped me search and I sheepishly told him, "I think I threw it away."

There was no other explanation. I did remember emptying out my pockets earlier in the day, filled with old receipts, and fruit snack wrappers. Unfortunately I had also filled up the kitchen trash can and emptied it out in the garbage bin.

We searched through the garbage bag, covered in kitchen goop. Finally I found it - two out-of-place ten dollar bills.

I'm glad we found it - that was going to end up being a very expensive night. My only excuse is that I'm pregnant. Guess its true what they say about losing brain cells.

3 comments:

Gayla said...

When I read your title I read it as "Brian Cells" and was very intrigued. I guess I'm the one losing brain cells. Glad you found the money. How was the date?

Tasha said...

That reminded me of dumpster diving for retainers. Glad you found it. I'm finding that just having 3 kids makes me forget a whole lot more than when I only had two. Can't imagine what will happen when there are 4!

Olivia Justine said...

it only gets worse...at least that's been my experience. i thought it was great that you found the money in the end! at least the trash truck hadn't already come. :)