Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kindergarten favorites from Paige

My favorite thing that I learned in kindergarten was about flowers and plants and also volcanoes. We even made a volcano by putting little things in a root beer bottle (that had root beer in it) and when we shook it up, we opened up the lid and it was exploding and going down from the root beer bottle. And then when we were standing on the black thing [the asphalt] that's what volcanoes are made from. And I was a little bit worried because I thought there was going to be a volcano at our school, and it would erupt and lava would wash our school - but it didn't really, and it didn't really make a volcano either. What I like about plants is that they grow food and the thing I learned about the seeds in the plant is that they grow roots, a stem and leaves, and they make fruit and all of the plants have little flowers in their leaves. What I like about flowers is the same thing as the plants, except it has beautiful, beautiful petals on them and in the middle of a sunflower it has seeds in the middle.

My favorite friends are (I guess everybody is my friend), even Talia in the afternoon class. There were 27 kids in my class. I liked to sit by Kenyon. I met Lilly Phillips when we would walk home from school. Me and Lilly Phillips had a different teacher, her teacher is Mrs. Holyoak, my teacher is Mrs. Sarkady. And you know who else I met? Emily and Lizzy in Mrs. Holyoak's class.

My favorite day of the week was Thursday because that was computer day. I got to go to KidPix. This time we did something like pictures to put on the computer and then we made stickers that come to life on the computer. The way how we made them alive is we pushed a green PLAY button and then they all moved around at once.

Monday is also my favorite day of the week because we play music games, we learn new songs, and new composers that write the songs. And one of my favorite music games is "We are dancing in the forest." Another is "Old Mother Witch."

There was one field trip I went to in Kindergarten. I went to a play called, "Knuffle Bunny." I rode a bus, it was fun. There was a big theater and a big stage. We sat on red, soft chairs. It was a fun play.

Mrs. Sarkady was the best teacher ever. She taught us new things and new games that we can play. She is so fun. I miss you, Mrs. Sarkady!

I once got in trouble in kindergarten. I was talking too much with Melissa. Then we had to go over at the place where we paint and we started to talk again. So we had to be separated in the hall with Andrew.

I'm a little bit excited to go to First Grade. I'll do some more fun stuff on the computers.

2 comments:

Snyderemarks said...

Great job Paige. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in Kindergarten. I know you worked hard and learned lots!

Tina said...

So cute. I'll have to ask Cloey what her favorite things were about Kindergarten but I don't think her response will be as good as Paige. She didn't really enjoy Kindergarten and her teacher was extremely strict. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say.
Thanks for the idea!
You are so cute Paige!